“We, the members of the Guilford Police Department
are committed to
upholding the law,
preserving the peace,
and protecting the rights of all,
dignity and respect.”
We believe in,
- COOPERATION We recognized that we must join together within the Department and the Community for the common benefit.
- PROFESSIONALISM We strive for excellence by providing quality of service through effective training and progressive leadership
- TEAMWORK We encourage independent action and initiative, while realizing that our success depends on a cooperative effort within the Department and throughout the Community.
- IMPARTIALITY We will treat people as we would like to be treated, viewing each incident fairly and without bias.
- TRUST The Community depends on us and we appreciate their confidence in our abilities to care for them and their property.
- ENHANCING QUALITY OF LIFE We strive to ensure that all incidents no matter how insignificant, will be resolved for the betterment of all.
- ETHICS We recognized that a strong personal and organizational code of ethics are essential to the accomplishment of our mission.
- PARTNERSHIP Our success depends on a cooperative effort within the Department and throughout the Community.
- FAMILY As a family, we share the same goals and values. We have a commitment to each other and the Community.